How many of us think of something we really want to do in our lives, but give up before we have even started? Do we come up with some fantastic idea, but instantly dismiss the notion as we determine that there is no way that we could possibly achieve it?
We need to remember that life is for living, and our ultimate aim is to experience joy and happiness. We are on the Earth to really make a go of it, no matter what our current situation. Quitting before we have even tried does not allow us to grow and to experience the real happiness that we all crave.
Believe in yourself. Here are 7 tips to help you achieve your goals and dreams!
1) Do not waste time and energy moaning about your present circumstances. Think of ways to change your life to make it more enjoyable. What changes would really make a marked difference in your life? Remember that the time you spend moaning is time lost forever!
2) Write down the goals that you want to achieve. Ensure that you include a time frame, and think about WHY you want to accomplish these goals. Do you genuinely want to achieve these, or are these the things that others want you to achieve?
3) Focus your available time and energy on achieving more in your life. Get the most out of the talents and skills that you were born with. Rather than concentrating on your weaknesses, strengthen your strengths!
4) If you have any fears in respect of your goals and dreams, list your fears. How many of them are totally unfounded and therefore quite irrational?
5) Obstacles are another reason why people don’t pursue their dreams. Review these obstacles – think of ways that these can be overcome.
6) Make a conscious decision to really make a go of your ideas and dreams. You do not want to reach the end of your life with regrets that you should have done more.
7) Write down this quote from Mark Twain, and carry it around with you! “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed in the things that you did not do, than in the things you did.”
Lack of action cripples people and does not allow them to progress through life. So please don’t let opportunities pass you by!