It goes without saying that being a published author does elevate you to expert status. Sharing your knowledge with the world definitely demonstrates that you know what you are talking about! Writing a non-fiction book is not as daunting a prospect as you may think.
If you are a coach, speaker, therapist, consultant, or other service professional, you have accumulated a tremendous amount of valuable knowledge that you are already sharing with your clients. Now is the time to become a published author!
Here are my 7 top tips to write your book quickly.
1) Write about the subject that you already know a lot about. Don’t spend time having to do extensive research.
2) Decide on the topic of your book. You will probably have expertize in a number of areas, but choose your most knowledgeable subject, and the one you are most passionate about.
3) Come up with one or two suggested titles for your book. This not only focuses your mind on what to write in your book, but it makes the project so much more real to you!
4) Your book should be around 100 to 120 pages. There is no need for more than that. A book with a powerful message with loads of valuable information is far better than a book filled with pages that don’t say much at all.
5) Aim to have a total of 10 to 12 chapters. A chapter of around 10 pages is ideal.
6) Decide on your chapter titles and jot them down. Now create a Word document or other writing document for each of these chapters. These can be changed if necessary, but they form the backbone of your book.
7) In each of these documents, type in 5 sub-headings which will be the topics that you will talk about in that chapter.
You should now have 10 or so documents representing each chapter of your book. Each of these will subsequently be divided into 5 subheadings.
The beauty of this system is that you now have your book broken down into segments, and it is very much a case of filling in the blank spaces. Because it is a non-fiction book, you can tackle any of these segments in any order you wish.
If you liked this article, then I would love you to share it with your friends and connections. Please click on one or more of the social media icons!